
A British television presenter who dared to confront the criminal gangs profiting from illegal Channel crossings says he and his heavily pregnant wife were forced to abandon their London home in the dead of night after police delivered a chilling threat-to-life warning.
GB News host Patrick Christys says officers ordered the couple to flee immediately and warned that even their car might have been sabotaged.
The Metropolitan Police issued an official “threat to life” notice warning that organized immigration crime groups in northern France were actively seeking to cause him “significant harm” because of his hard-hitting journalism.
Christys and his heavily pregnant wife, fellow GB News presenter Emily Carver, were told to pack a bag immediately, leave their London flat, and not drive their own car in case it had been booby-trapped. They were ordered into a black cab and sent to a safe house, The Daily Mail reported.
Christys was live on air when his wife called during an advertising break with the chilling message: the police were at their home and someone wanted to kill him. He returned just after midnight on July 25, 2025. Officers read the formal notice and were blunt: get out right now and do not come back.
The threat followed Christys’ fearless reporting from Calais. The gangs openly advertise crossings on TikTok, then move conversations to WhatsApp to discuss times, locations, and prices.
Frustrated that authorities appeared to do little, Christys and a camera crew tracked them down and confronted three suspected smugglers within hours. He says he received death threats during those encounters. One of the men he confronted later turned up on a London street.
Police subsequently installed a panic alarm at the couple’s home, according to Christys, and security measures remained in place after they were allowed to return.
He later alleged that the alarm had been disconnected for approximately ten days without the family being informed because police lacked sufficient equipment.
A year later the official warning has never been lifted. The family still lives under round-the-clock security. Their son George was born weeks after the initial threat.
More from The Daily Mail:
Today, recounting his ordeal for the first time, Christys says he is angry and exasperated by the failure of the British authorities to tackle the gangs, who he says operate in plain sight.
He is also concerned his young family were exposed to danger when the Metropolitan Police disconnected their panic alarm without warning. In one chilling episode, Christys says he was tracked down on a London street by a trafficker from Calais. Twelve months on, the couple have round-the-clock security.
‘This is personal for me,’ he said. ‘I want everyone to understand the reality of who we’re letting in to our country. These human traffickers wanted to kill me in my own home while my wife was eight months pregnant.
‘Who knows if they’d have tried to harm my wife and son in order to get to me? It makes me incredibly angry that we let illegals into the country – who we all pay for. Then we let those same people make millions of pounds trafficking yet more illegals to Britain.
‘They feel so emboldened, they thought they could kill a TV journalist in his own home and get away with it.’
Christys’s disclosure prompted an alarming intervention from Reform UK deputy leader Richard Tice, who warned that Britain “cannot be complacent” about the safety of its political figures.
Speaking to GB News presenter Dawn Neesom, Tice said Reform had become increasingly concerned about threats against its members during the preceding two months, and that those fears had begun even before the murder of former Conservative minister and Reform spokeswoman Ann Widdecombe.
Tice called Christys’s account “very distressing” and said the current security climate was forcing political figures to reconsider how they operate.
Asked directly whether he had personally received death threats, Tice replied: “Regrettably, yes, and I’m not alone in that.”
He added that Nigel Farage had faced the greatest volume of threats and described the present climate as “a difficult place in the world of disruptive politics.”
Tice did not suggest that the threats against Reform figures came from the same people accused of targeting Christys. No public evidence has linked the separate cases.
But his warning comes against a grim backdrop.
Widdecombe, 78, was killed at her Devon home in July 2026. A 28-year-old man has been charged with her murder, and counter-terrorism police are investigating whether a political motive was involved.
Authorities have not declared the attack a terrorist incident. Reform has subsequently called for political figures to receive substantially greater security protection. Reuters reported that party officials said threats against Farage and other lawmakers had intensified.
Tice said Reform’s representatives must continue their work but may now be forced to operate differently.
Ad block users: Some site features may not work correctly while an ad blocker is enabled, because they break scripts and content this website depends on. If you can’t see comments below, for example, please disable your ad blocker.

